arrival in India
at 1:30 pm in the night of Friday to Saturday (23:02:08) I was in Delhi at the airport. I was
already warned that in India things can run a little differently than we're used from within Switzerland. However, I sometimes forget almost like one or the other expires in Switzerland, I had but just been so tidy and sorted before Sydney. So I was the one-hour waiting period before the passport control and then take the further relaxed waiting for my luggage in attack and was looking forward even more than me out there already Dominik joyfully anticipated.
On the way to the car we saw a bunch of Indians who tried to get the longest line of "Gepäckwägeli" in one piece to carry. This was a funny sight, and also another example of that in India not everything works the way we are we used to. "Why simple when it comes too complicated", fits in many ways to the strange ideas that I have experienced here so far. If it were not a problem and have been much less cumbersome to split the "Gepäckwägelischlange" among the 10 Indians fighting with the snake and feed the whole into individual pieces. But India would only be half as interesting if it would not be totally different and the same ideas as in Switzerland.
The driver expected and already in the parking lot and drove us to the apartment in Gurgaon by Dominik (about 50km south of Delhi), where I will live the next 3 weeks until his work Dominik has ended and we can losreisen together.
As some of you may have noticed already I am ahead of schedule in India. I have changed my itinerary a bit and will fly to India 2 months (-23.04.08) to Thailand. Do I still travel from there to the overland route to Laos and Vietnam is not yet definitive. I will surprise myself sometimes where my path takes me. :-)
0 comments:
Post a Comment